Congratulations to the 2015 Finalists!
Thanks for attending the 2015 Health IT Leadership Summit!Please see below for details on the 2016 Intel Innovation Awards and past winners.
Do you have an innovative health IT company, service or product?
Is your hospital, clinic or practice using technology in new and exciting ways?
Have you found a way to improve patient outcomes or deliver healthcare that leverages technology?
If your answer is yes to any of the above, then we want to share your success with the nation!
Apply now for the Intel Innovation Award and a chance to spotlight your company at the 2016 Health IT Leadership Summit. You may self apply or nominate a company.
The top four organizations will present at the Summit and receive extensive pre- and post-event publicity. The winning company or group of collaborators will be showcased by Intel as an innovation leader.
Just the facts:
- Deadline – your application must be received by 5 PM, Wednesday, September 28, 2016. If you are selected as a finalist you will be contacted by an Innovation Committee member to gather additional information. Finalists will be announced in mid-October, 2016. Finalists will be asked to present to the committee the week of October 12, 2016. Winner will be announced at the Summit December 7, 2016. Filming of winners will be conducted the end of October.
- Because collaboration is often a central part of innovation, applicants should include all partners involved with their technology or approach.
- Innovation can occur anywhere, so we will be looking for examples at every level, from colleges to large enterprises, from single physician practices to healthcare delivery systems, from nonprofits and government entities to private payers.
- A team of health IT pros will evaluate the entries and select semi-finalists.
- Each semi-finalist will be interviewed and their technology researched, with the Innovation Committee making a final decision based upon such factors as magnitude of the benefits, current and future impact, quality of care, impact on workflow, etc.
Past Intel Innovation Award Winners
Intellimedix develops innovative approaches to accelerate the discovery and development of new treatments for known human diseases. The company, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is guided by the principle of open innovation. Intellimedix works closely with patients and their doctors, non-profits, and academic institutions in order to promote the free flow of knowledge and information for the benefit of all. Intellimedix has teamed up with world-class experts in the fields of systems biology, computer science, and genetics.
Our core strategy is to leverage our innovative technologies and models to efficiently screen and validate large numbers of compounds against molecular/genetic targets known to cause a given disease. The goal is to identify promising drugs for many diseases with common targets by repurposing existing FDA approved drugs and discovering new molecular entities.
Greenway Medical Technologies’ PrimeMOBILE is an integrated component of PrimeSUITE, the company’s core EHR. PrimeMOBILE enables healthcare providers to access patient data and other functionality remotely, whether it’s making rounds in the hospital, responding to an on-call question while at home, or simply giving the provider the option to enter data in the exam room without turning away from the patient. PrimeMOBILE gives the healthcare provide the ease of simply downloading the application from the Windows 8, Android or iOS stores within seconds onto a wide array of tablet devices and smart phones. PrimeMOBILE can help reduce costs, increase volume, improve accuracy, streamline workflows, save time by reducing manual input of data and, most importantly, improve care quality and safety.
CardioMEMS is a medical device company that has developed and is commercializing a proprietary wireless sensing and communication technology for the human body. Our technology platform is designed to improve the management of severe chronic cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure and aneurysms. Our miniature wireless sensors can be implanted using minimally invasive techniques and transmit cardiac output, blood pressure and heart rate data that are critical to the management of patients. Due to their small size, durability, and lack of wires and batteries, our sensors are designed to be permanently implanted into the cardiovascular system. Using radiofrequency, or RF, energy, our sensors transmit real-time data to an external electronics module, which then communicates this information to the patient’s physician.
Based in Atlanta, Ga., SoloHealth® is a leading consumer-driven healthcare technology company, providing a health and wellness access point through its FDA- approved health SoloHealth Station screening kiosks located in retail locations nationwide. The Company’s philosophy is to empower consumers about their health through awareness, education and convenient self-service technology. Strategic investors and partners include Coinstar/Redbox (CSTR), Walter Huff (founder of HBOC), WellPoint and Dell. Additionally, the company received a sizeable grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH), a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.